Almond Semolina Cookies
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
Taste the sweet flavors of fall in this easy and unique recipe that will be sure to set you apart at the dessert table.
- ½ cup Colavita Delicate and Mild Pure Olive Oil
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup semolina
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whole, raw almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Slightly grease a cookie sheet, or line it with parchment.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, semolina, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer beat together the olive oil, confectioner’s sugar and almond extract until combined and smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until fully incorporated and a smooth dough is formed. Chill the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 1 ½” balls, about 1 tablespoon, and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. The dough will still feel soft and a bit sticky. Press one almond into the top of each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes, until the edges just turn golden in color and the bottoms are beginning to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer cookies to a rack to cool.