ShakshukaDecember 1, 2016
Almond Semolina CookiesDecember 1, 2016
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
- 3 Tablespoons Colavita Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 cups sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 (28 ounce cans) Cirio whole peeled tomatoes
- 2-3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup basil leaves, shredded
- Adjust oven rack to center shelf. Preheat oven to 375ºF
- In a large bowl combine ricotta and eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grease 13 x 9 baking dish with a drizzle of Colavita Olive Oil.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Line with a layer of pasta. Spread ⅓ of ricotta mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with ¼ pound of mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Top with ½ cup Bolognese sauce.
- Continue with noodles, ricotta mixture, and cheeses and sauce, layering until you reach the top. The top layer should be cheese.
- Cover with foil and place on a baking sheet pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is browning and bubbling.
- Rest for at least 20 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Cook Time: 1 hour for sauce additional 45 minutes for lasagna