Penne with Vodka Sauce
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
Colavita brings you another perfect pairing of Italian classics - Penne with Vodka Sauce, featuring our Penne pasta and Cirio Crushed Tomatoes. Enjoy responsibly!
- 2 tbs. Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ tbs. garlic, chopped
- 1 14 oz. cartons of Cirio Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. carton of Cirio Crushed Tomato with Chili Peppers
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp.black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbs. vodka
- ¼ cup Pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 tbs. butter, unsalted
- 1 lb. bag of Colavita Penne Rigate
- Pre-heat a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the oil, butter and the onions, sweat until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook until it is very aromatic and the garlic begins to lightly color.
- Add the tomatoes and the seasonings, bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and vodka and continue to simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes until the sauce has a sweet and rich flavor profile.
- Add the cheese and the parsley, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once it's boiling, sprinkle 2 tsp. of sea salt. Add the pasta and cook for the amount of time indicated on the package instructions. Drain and add to the sauce pan. Stir to incorporate and serve.