Sugar Peas Pesto and Ricotta Cheese PizzaJune 1, 2015
Mini Chocolate BombesJune 1, 2015
Pizza with Zucchini and Fresh Herbs
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
- 1 recipe homemade pizza dough
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated and divided
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- fresh lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- fresh parsley
- fresh thyme
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the zucchini into thin rounds strips. We recommend a mandolin slicer or a potato peeler to accomplish this, but a steady hand and a sharp knife will do the trick.
- Place the sliced zucchini in a bowl, squeeze with fresh lemon juice, drizzle with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and fresh thyme. Make sure to rub the oil and herb mixture into the rounds.
- Then place them onto a baking sheet and roast the zucchini in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, until soft.
- Heat your oven to 500 °F. If using a pizza stone, allow the stone to heat in the oven for 30 minutes before baking on it.
- Stretch out one of the pizza dough rounds onto a pizza peel dusted with flour, or onto a cookie sheet (if not using a pizza stone).
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza dough, and place the roasted zucchini on top of the cheese. Drizzle some Colavita Olive Oil on top.
- Grate fresh parmesan cheese directly over the top and slide the prepared pizza into the oven.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and thyme, a grind of black pepper, and a fresh squeeze of lemon juice, if desired.