Herb Stuffed and Pancetta Wrapped Turkey Roulade
Prep time: | Cook time: | Total time:
Prepare your taste-buds for this delicious, savory meal. The flavors of the fresh herbs combined with the bright lemon zest creates a mouthwatering mix that will be hard to stop eating.
- 1- 2-3 lb. turkey breast, skinless, boneless and butterflied *(see note below)
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped Colavita Sundried Tomatoes, (about 5 tomato halves)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ lb. pancetta, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350º. Cut about seven 15” pieces of kitchen twine.
- In a medium bowl combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, sundried tomatoes, sage, thyme, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, black pepper and the Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Place the turkey on a large piece of wax or parchment paper with the longest side facing you. Spoon the breadcrumb mixture evenly on the turkey to one inch in from the edges on all sides.
- Using the paper to assist, carefully begin rolling the turkey into a roll away from you.
- Try to keep it as tight as possible as you go with the help of the paper.
- When this is done, be sure the seam side is down. Discard the paper.
- Shingle the slices of pancetta over the top of the rolled turkey.
- Starting from the middle, carefully tie the twine around the roll, taking care not to tie it too tight. Continue working in half-inch increments towards each end, being sure to tuck the ends under to keep the filling in.
- Trim off excess ends of twine.
- Place the roll on a greased baking sheet and roast until the internal temperature reaches 150º on a meat thermometer, about 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for about 10 minutes.
- Very carefully snip the twines with scissors and remove from the roll.
- Do this slowly holding down the pancetta so it does not tear away from the roll.
- Cut the roll into 1” slices and serve.
- *ask your butcher to butterfly and pound out one turkey breast to about ½” thick